ICLAS-CALAS Scholarship Award for Young Investigators in Laboratory Animal Science
This is an announcement regarding the ICLAS-CALAS Scholarship Award for Young Investigators of The Chinese Association for Laboratory Animal Sciences (CALAS) that was established in 2018 based on the CALAS annual meeting.
The next 15th CALAS annual meeting will be held in Kunming, Yun nan Province on September 21th (Sat) - 24th (Tue), 2019. We would like to selected 10 young candidates (age 35 or less) to attend this meeting. Please note that the candidate’s research field must be related to laboratory animal science which covers basic to applied biomedical research using experimental animals or topics related to experimental animals such as technology, management, and animal welfare. The judging panel that will select the awardees will be members from the International Council for Laboratory Animal Science (www.iclas.org) and CALAS experts.
The candidate must meet the following requirements:
1. The candidate’s research field must be related to laboratory animal science.
2. The candidate must be 35 years old or younger. The candidate must submit a copy of his/her passport to verify the age. The candidate must present the research accomplishment in English in a symposium at the annual academic meeting of CALAS in 2019. The oral presentation session for the Award 2019 will be scheduled on September 22 AM, 2019.
3. Must be from an ICLAS member nation, or a member of an ICLAS Scientific, Union, or Institutional member.
We would appreciate it if you could kindly send me the following documents regarding recommendation of the candidate by June 30, 2019 and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org .
1. A letter of recommendation from the president of the Laboratory Animal Science Association in your country.
2. An abstract of the research of the candidate. Please see the attached sample abstract.
3. A copy (preferably, a PDF or other figure file attached to an e-mail) of the candidate’s passport which shows the nationality, the birth date and the bust photo.
4. An application form. Please see the attached format sample.
First, please acknowledge your receiving this email by just replying to it. It should be noted that the above documents must be received by the above deadline (June 30, 2019). It should also be noted that the awardees will be given a testimonial and a bursary of 10000 Chinese RMB (About 1455 USD) in cash at the 15th CALAS. We unfortunately do not reimburse the traveling fee by any other special funding, but we will offer CALAS Conference registration fee and lodging. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Contact person: Xu Bo